The history of the Refugi, the story of a family
Telling the history of the Restaurant Refugi de Pescadors is telling the story of a family, the Vilardell family.
Back in 1865, Fernando Vilardell bought the house his son Ramón Vilardell would later convert into a café known as Can Vilardell, where townspeople would meet.
It was in 1963 that grandfather Ramon’s grandson, Joan Ferrer Vilardell, and his wife Hilda Clarà converted the café into a restaurant they would name Refugi de Pescadors. A pioneering restaurant in opening up during the first years of development of the tourist industry at the Costa Brava.
Since its origin as a café, the premises preserve its typical nautical decor with both, the facade and the interior resembling a boat.